While we are convinced that WordPress is the way to go for the majority of our clients, you do need to understand that a WordPress site is akin to a living, breathing little organism. Because of this, you can’t simply launch your site and then let it sit for months & years. About once every 4-6 weeks, your WordPress site security can become compromised due to updates to themes, plug-ins and the WordPress core files. It is extremely important to keep your WordPress site security up to date… luckily, one of our favorite pastimes here at BIPI is keeping things need and tidy under the hood of your site.
Need more information? Check out the detailed list of everything that is included in these plans.
what does WordPress site security with BIPI look like?
License* of Back-up Buddy
– load and license application to BackUp Buddy plug-in
– load Sucuri Malware Scanner (free plug-in)
– configure initial settings for Sucuri and Backup Buddy, including optional connecting to off-site back up solution (recommended free options include DropBox or other secure server)
– WordPress, plug-in & theme updates
– user audit
– comment approval/spam clean-up where necessary
– site back-up checks
– site malware scans
– new/additional account creation
– troubleshooting site malfunction
– analytics reports upon request
– minor edits to existing site content
in the event of hacking…
What you can expect from BIPI:
– immediate installation of site curtain
– immediate investigation of site files, including running the Backup Buddy and Sucuri malware scanner to identify source of problem if possible.
– determine cause & length of infection & identify steps to restore site to pre-hacked status
– change all passwords associated with hosting provider & ftp access
– work with hosting provider to ensure hosting server is secure
– identify last clean backup
– restore site to last clean state
– change WordPress admin-level user passwords, database passwords
– provide client with hacking briefing
– upon client request, take any further steps for site clean-up where necessary, including working with a Sucuri for any additional clean-up
why work with BIPI for WordPress site security consultation services?
It’s always easier to keep things clean and in working order with regular maintenance. To this end, we encourage our clients to engage us for sanitation services. This provides you with the peace of mind that everything is being done to keep your site as safe as possible, and gives you a break on hacking recovery pricing (if that were to happen). With our eyes on your site on a regular basis, we can have a better understanding of the state of your site. There’s no “catch up” needed, and it’s easier for us to identify security breaches at an early stage (before a lot of harm has been done). Once a site has been hacked, it can be very difficult to recover from the breach, and often this recovery must take place immediately, with no regard to weekends, holidays, or normal business hours. If a site has not been regularly maintained, hacking recovery takes longer and is much more difficult. This is why we encourage our clients to contract with us for security consultation services, rather than waiting until something breaks and be subject to our emergency-pricing.
iThemes license provided through BIPI developer license and is shared with other BIPI clients. Sucuri license may be shared under BIPI licensing. This in no way impacts the level of service you will experience.